Personal information is information that can be used to identify you or tell us about you. We will only collect what we consider necessary to be able to provide the Practice Pal services.
When you sign up for a Practice Pal service as a parent or guardian, you will also need to provide personal information about your child or children who are using the service. In line with data protection law, we consider “children” to be persons under 13 years of age and parents and guardians are deemed to give consent to the provision of personal data for children under 13. Parents and guardians must ensure that they have obtained and can provide the consent of children between 13 and 18 years of age.
The personal information we collect, use, store and transfer may include the following:
- Identity Information , including:
- name, age/date of birth and gender for you and your child; and
- what instrument(s) your child plays, what standard they are at, and what school they attend.
- Contact Information , including your contact details, including [address], email address and telephone numbers (including mobile numbers).
- Service Information , including what Practice Pal services you have ordered (including the dates and times of all mentoring sessions which are ordered and provided), and data generated during the provision of the Practice Pal services (such as communications between the student and mentor, and the reports written by the mentor).
- Usage Information , including your online browsing activities on the Practice Pal website.
- Marketing Information , including your communication and marketing preferences.
- Profile Information , including:
- your password;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; and
- your correspondence and communications with Practice Pal.
- Technical Information , including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and the app.
- When acting as a data processor (as described above), we may need to process Special educational needs (SEN) information, including:
- the mental health of the student, which may include behavioural, emotional and social difficulties; and
- the physical health of the student, which may include speech, language and communication needs, hearing impairment, visual impairment, multi-sensory impairment, physical disability and autism.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy.
Other than SEN information, mentioned above and which may contain health data (a special category data), we do not collect any other special categories of personal information about you or your child(ren) (this includes details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences (other than where this is specifically required by law).
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide the Practice Pal services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.